Author and Educator Dennis Regling Presents Shows For School Assembly Programs
Finally, an author visit that isn't all talk.
Presentations on Science, Math, Writing
and Character Education Available.
More Than Just An Assembly,
A Total Learning Experience
Want to really motivate your students? Want to have an educational program that also keeps students engaged and in a learning frame of mind while they have fun?
Educational Programs That Truly Teach, Inspire and Entertain.
We Offer Curriculum-based Fun for Students and Teachers!
"Mr. Regling had our students captivated with his science demonstrations. The pacing, content, and flair were perfect for elementary aged students. In fact, it’s the first school assembly I’ve attended where the students sprang from their seats and delivered a unanimous, spontaneous standing ovation!"
James Graham, Principal, North Brookfield Elementary School, Franklin, MA
"I have received a lot of positive feedback from the teachers and saw first hand how engaged the children were. In addition, I would like to commend you on your ability to control the assembly."
Tracia VanKlaveren, Southwest PTA, Geneseo, IL
Mr. Dennis mixes entertainment and information so kids laugh and learn and retain.
All shows are carefully geared to EACH AGE GROUP.
There are always several programs to choose from and if your school has a special theme, we can adapt it for you at no additional expense.
EVERY PROGRAM INSPIRES READING
MORE THAN ASSEMBLY: Every program includes teacher follow up guides, student worksheets, posters, and even books for your school library to keep the excitement and learning going long after the assembly is over. Core standards are part of every presentation, meeting and exceeding state standards.
Our Classic Fun-Filled Science Show.This is the program that made Mr. Dennis the most in-demand school assembly presenter in the Midwest. Is it a magic show, or is it a science assembly? It's Both!
Using math, physics and chemistry, the students learn scientific principles and how magicians use them to fool us. You will learn about "magical events" in history and how science has changed our world. This is a fast-moving, exciting show that will have your students and teachers laughing for 45 minutes, while they learn about the Magic In Science. Hands-On Workshops are available. Grades K-8
Does Spaghetti Bounce? Liquids, Solids and Gases
A show about Liquids, Solids and Gases. Students learn about the states of matter through amazing demonstrations, audience participation and plenty of volunteers. Liquids change color, liquids combine to form a rapidly growing blob of polystyrene and some amazing demonstrations of the gases that surround us. Your students will also learn the answer to the question, Does Spaghetti Bounce? This is a fast-moving, exciting show that will have your students and teachers laughing for 45 minutes, while they learn about the scientific method and the world around them. Safety and the proper use of safety equipment is stressed throughout the program. Curriculum-based fun. Perfect for grades k-8. Hands-On Workshops are available
The Weird And Wacky Science Show: Science Fun, Feats And Facts
The Weird Science Show is an interactive program keeps the students engaged and laughing while introducing and building upon scientific concepts that compliment and reinforce their classroom studies. Students will not only learn about electrons, air flow, air pressure and the areas of scientific studies , but Mr. Dennis also teaches students how they can explore the science around them every day.The amazing science demonstrations include: an amazing demonstration of the power of static electricity, a memorable lesson in density and the properties of matter, a student’s head seems to grow larger and larger, then shrinks to a smaller size, students help to levitate a board using Bernoulli’s Principle and a powerful air transfer devise, and several more experiments to involving chemistry and physics. The oohs and awes will fill the room.
Recommended Grade Levels: Assembly program: K-12 Workshops: 4-6
The Amazing Mysteries of Mathematics
You Can't Have Fun Without Math
That is the message of this wonder-filled trip into mathematics.
With story telling, magical props, audience participation and plenty of volunteers, Mr. Dennis teaches problem solving skills, test taking tips and much more. Students will also learn about many great mathematicians of the past, including Pythagoras, Galileo, Isaac Newton and Florence Nightingale.
Mr. Dennis makes math relevant and interesting for your students in this fast-moving romp through the land of numbers, shapes and oddities.
The included special teacher's guide includes many fun mathematical projects to continue the experience in the classroom.Assembly program: K-12 Workshops: 4-6 Adjusted To Grade Level
"We have had Dennis Regling out to our school for a "Math Night"
performance two years in a row. Mr Regling was very entertaining and
informative. Every time he asked for a volunteer, every child's hand was
in the air and adults and kids alike were asking questions after the
show. We have really enjoyed having Mr Regling out to our Elementary
school and we are looking forward to his next show, as we will be having
him back again. We would highly recommend Dennis Regling for a school
performance." Kathy Downing, PTO President, HG Blake Elementary School, Medina, Ohio
The Quest For Less:
The Quest For Less: Environmental Science Show is an interactive show that teaches students about their choices in litter prevention, recycling and waste management. This lively program keeps the students enthralled and laughing while delivering this important and topical information.Unlike other “green” assemblies, Mr. Dennis actually includes real science and leaves students and teachers more aware of the real problems facing our planet and the solutions that science provides.The amazing science demonstrations include: Styrofoam disappears during a discussion about landfills, learn about a new form of super absorbent polymer technology that is changing the way environmental scientists approach oil spills and waste management problems, a demonstration of temperature inversion accompanies a lesson on the oceans.
Recommended Grade Levels: Assembly program: K-12 Workshops: 4-6
FunTastic Feats of Physics: Energy, Motion, Magnets & More
Join ""Mr. Dennis"" as we explore the fun and fantastic world of physics.
Catapults, rat traps, history, magnets, and more come together in this curriculum-based look at the world around us. A simple machine breaks the sound barrier. Marshmallows fly through the air. The entire audience will get involved as principals of physics are explained in unusual and wondrous ways.As the students learn about kinetic and potential energy, they also learn about their own potential. This fast-moving assembly is both educational and motivational. Recommended Grade Levels: Assembly program: K-9 Workshops: 4-6"Good balance between humor, content and safety."Katherine Mamonis, Principal
East Palestine Elementary, East Palestine, OH
AMAZING MAGICAL INVENTIONS AND THEIR INVENTORS
Inventions have shaped our world, and we benefit from them daily.
Where did they come from?
Who invented them?
In this fun, funny and thought-provoking program, Mr. Dennis looks at coathangers, umbrellas, Coca-Cola, peanut butter, and nine major inventions that have affected our modern civilization during the past 550 years. Inventors covered include Benjamin Franklin, Nikola Tesla and George Washington Carver. Fifth Grades love this show for their Technology and Inventions Units, but all ages will laugh and learn.Recommended Grade Levels: Assembly program: K-8
The Road To Success: Six Signs of Character
Character Education has never been more important - or more memorable. Your students learn about Respect, Responsibility, Caring, Trust, Friendship and Good Citizenship in this fun program filled with music, magic, puppets and more. Audience volunteers are used throughout the program. Has a strong anti-bullying message. An excellent program for all ages and grade levels. A special emphasis is also put on reducing bullying and building teamwork among your students. Our special teacher's guide and posters will help your teachers build on the principles taught in the show.Assembly program: K-8
C.H.A.N.G.E. Your School : Don’t Play The Bully Game
Dennis Regling has spent 3 years and hundreds of hours researching violence and bullying in schools. He has interviewed teachers, school administrators and students. Now, he has developed an inspiring assembly presentation and a complete anti-bullying program and for K-8 students.
Includes a huge package of materials for your teachers and students. Includes worksheets, role play materials and posters.
Through the 45 minute Don’t Play The Bully Game presentation and continuing education materials, your students will learn how to handle stressful situations, how to control their anger and most important, how to avoid or diffuse threatening situations, quickly and safely.
You students and teachers will be equipped to bring a CHANGE to your school.Assembly program: K-12
Reading Is Magic: ATTACK OF THE BOOKWORMS
What happens when bookworms go bad? It's up to your students to save the day.
They will need the help of Mr. Dennis and a little magic, silly storytelling, puppets, wacky bookworms, funny surprises, a little music, a giant library card and lots of audience participation.
This is 45 minutes of hilarity and fun that:
Stimulates creative thinking, imagination, and reading comprehension skills.
Creates positive associations with reading and assigns a substantial VALUE to books and readin
Drives home the importance of reading, even in the 'real world.'
A special visitor motivates the students to turn off the TV and pick up a book.
Student Author Day: Literacy Program
Encourage Students To Write
Author and speaker Dennis Regling presents a 45-minute program filled with books, magic and silly stories designed to inspire your young students to read and to write. Student participation and audience interaction make for a lively and unforgettable show.
Make your Young Author's Day a success.During the program, students learn the four steps to story writing and create a story right on stage.
If you also schedule the workshops, grades 4-6, your students will create essays and poems that will be put into a special, professional paperback book.
A free copy of the book will be sent within 30 days for your school's library and additional copies will be available for a minimal price. Phone for details.
Also a great library or summer reading program. Grades K-6
Family Fun Show: Magic Show
Sometimes you just need a fun family magic program as a reward assembly or to highlight an evening program. We offer a squeaky clean show that features traditional magical marvels with games, surprises and audience participation. The Midwest's Number One small stage family show.
"The Family Night Magic Show that
you performed was quite a success. The children were so intrigued and
excited after they saw your daytime performance that they were very
insistent with their parents regarding attendance at the night show." Paul G. Zickefoose, Principal, Beverly Elementary, Beverly, WV
Also available as a Fund Raiser
Teacher In-Service Program: The Creative Classroom.
An exciting lecture based on Dennis Regling's book of the same title. Your teachers will learn new ways to create excitement in their classrooms and motivate their students to better performance. Your teachers will participate in some amazing demonstrations as they explore their own imaginations. This is a 45 minute program. An additional 45 minute hands-on workshop is also available.
Through the years"Mr. Dennis" Regling has helped countless schools across the East and Midwest motivate, educate and inform students with uplifting school show assembly programs.
SUPER SHOW !!
"Thank you for the wonderful program. It is one of the best assembly programs and workshops we have ever had. Mr. Dennis was great. We look forward to more programs like this for our school. "
Melinda Floyd, Coordinator
Elkhorn City FRYSC
Elkhorn City, KY
"I have been teaching science for 28 years. This is the best science assembly and workshop I have ever seen. "
Mrs. Blessinger, Science Teacher
Renwood Elementary School
"Mr. Dennis was wonderful as he educated and highly entertained our students by illustrating the cool and sometimes magical properties of chemistry, electricity, mathematics and even optical illusions. Who knew STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) could be so much fun?!!! "
Deborah Snow and Erica Schwartz, Co-Chairs, Enrichment Assemblies
Redwood Elementary School
West Orange, NJ
"As a fourth grade teacher, I have seen quite a few Elementary assemblies. I can say with certainty that this is the BEST assembly I have ever seen. Mr. Dennis' personality is electric. "
Center Elementary School
"Mr. Dennis was very entertaining and informative. He does a great job working with the children. "
Cynthia N. Hill
Southside Elementary School
Thank you for your entertaining and educating during your show! Our students were highly engaged in the show and enjoyed learning about the science behind the magic you performed. Seeing the smiles on students' and teachers' faces as they participated was evidence that they enjoyed while they were learning. We would love to have you back at MCIS! Thanks,Matt Stanfield Principal Mason County Intermediate School, Maysville, KY
"I thought the program was great! I hope you will come back to our school."
Yvonne Scott, Science Teacher
McGregor Elementary School
SERVING: Ohio, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Iowa, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Michigan, Rhode Island
Plus limited dates available for: Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Minnesota, Missouri
Top Nine Reasons To Choose "Mr. Dennis" Regling:
Just in case you are considering different options and several presenters, here are 9 reasons why our school shows are your best buy. I hope that you find these helpful when choosing the right assembly for your students.
1. Teacher Support Materials: Whenever you schedule a school assembly program with us, you will receive helpful teacher materials for classroom discussion and project ideas to use before and after the program. We all know that children learn from repetition and we strongly believe that the ideas in the program need to be reinforced to the students so that everything will stick in their minds after the program has ended. These support materials help to "extend the life" of the program.Hands-On Workshops are available for most programs.
2. Smiles & Laughter: Mr. Dennis knows and understands the best way to reach children while motivating them at the same time is through laughter. An important point to remember is that his performing arts: magic, "clean" age appropriate comedy, live animals and puppets are used to enhance the motivational messages and help to keep the children "tuned in." Everything Mr. Dennis does has a reason for being there and it all ties in together.
3. Control Of The Audience: Not everyone can hold the attention of several hundred students at a time for almost an hour. With his years of experience, Mr. Dennis has learned exactly how to keep the audience under control throughout the entire program. You'll be amazed as you watch the students in your school sit quietly and respectfully. Every program ends with the "mute closing" which has all of the students completely quiet as they leave. Teachers and Principals love this and you will too!
4. Targeted To The Grade Levels: We know that not every school can or wants to fit everyone into a program at the same time. Therefore, We have designed 3 versions of each program. There is one for younger students (Pre-K- 3rd grade), one for older students (4th- 6th graders) and one which is suitable for various grade levels. The teachers and Principal always appreciate the differences!
5. Audience Participation: Various students will get to take a part in the program. Some segments involve the entire audience participating together as a group while others use volunteers. No student is the center of jokes or is made fun of or put down in anyway whatsoever.
6. Self-Contained Programs: Some performers may ask you to provide them with a list of what they call "requirements" for their program. we won't ask you to provide us with anything other than a simple electrical outlet and an audience- that's all! we bring our own tables, props and even a top quality, professional sound system and microphone. There is nothing for you to worry about at all!
7. Testimonials From Raving Schools:All of our programs have been well received in hundreds of schools and we've got the references to prove it. What other school officials have to say is so much more important than anything that we can tell you. Therefore, we are happy to provide you with a long list of names and telephone numbers of schools who have hosted our programs so that you can have complete peace of mind. Click here for a partial list of schools who have invited us to motivate their students.
8. Ways To Save Money:We understand that many schools have a budget that they must stay within. Therefore, we always offer several discounts to schools that want to host a program. Also, keep in mind that there is no charge for mileage!
9. Professional In Every Way:It's no secret, many schools have hired "not so good" performers that have wasted everyone's time with so called "motivational programs." We've heard many nightmare stories from schools before and these kind of performers drive us crazy. Dennis Regling brings 23 Years' Experience In Educational and Motivational Speaking to every program. Programs are curriculum based. Designed to be entertaining, informative and memorable. GREATASSEMBLIES.COM is insured and our staff is professional and caring.
There you have it- 9 reasons that make our school programs a cut above the others. We hope to hear from you soon!